Still looking for a better way to manage your contracts, request forms, training manuals, and all of that compliance documentation? Last week we told you about a number of ways that you could use policyIQ’s Forms Management functionality to automate a number of processes, such as Account Reconciliations and Corporate Policy Sign-offs. In addition to these examples using Forms, you can save money, time and re-training effort by automating your manual work and consolidating your various processes under one umbrella using policyIQ Pages.
Think about it…policyIQ allows you to track the master versions of your content in an easily accessible central location with powerful reporting capability from just about anywhere! Tracking content for many different departments and groups is easy and each group can keep their content secure and invisible from the others. AND we’ll help you to customize the configuration to meet your needs—no need to get in line behind other in-house IT initiatives!
Our clients have shared some great ideas with us about how policyIQ could be used for their content management needs. If you’re looking for ideas on how you might utilize your policyIQ site for multiple purposes, take a look at these examples of things that you can manage in policyIQ:
- Your Human Resources group could use policyIQ for the managment of policies and procedures, to create and distribute your Employee Handbook, to manage Time Off Requests and the documentation related to hiring and termination of employees.
- In addition to the use of Forms for System Access or Equipment Requests, your IT department can manage their Standard Operating Procedures and their IT SOX content in policyIQ.
- Your Legal Department is more than likely juggling a variety of different types of contracts such as employment contracts, leases and other real estate agreements as well as purchasing and other licensing agreements. policyIQ provides a very cost effective means for contract management and *shhhhh* we have some more features in development for release in early 2010 that will make policyIQ an even more powerful contract management tool! Don’t forget, there’s all sorts of reference material that your Legal Department could house in policyIQ.
- How is your organization tracking the review and approval process for your capital expenditures projects? Of course! Your Purchasing group could be using policyIQ to automate this process! As with the Legal group, you could be using policyIQ as a repository for your vendor/supplier agreements.
- In addition to the use of Forms for Account Reconciliations and your SOX related sign-offs (404 assertions, 302 certifications, quarterly control processes), your Accounting Department could use policyIQ for the centralized management of their policies and procedures. policyIQ can also be used for any number of different types of compliance documentation (SOX, C-SOX, IFRS, PCI, MAR, and so on)! If your organization is still using Excel and Word to manage your documentation for compliance with any laws and regulations–its time to take a look at how policyIQ can help you to better organize your documentation and to maintain integrity of your documentation with superior version control.
- Do you have a Risk Management team? policyIQ can certainly be used for your Enterprise Risk Management documentation–aiding in the processes of identification, assessment, prioritization and mitigation or risk response.
- While your Compliance Team might be using policIQ for the management of your Sarbanes-Oxley documentation, is your Internal Audit group still using Excel and Word for the documentation of their Test Plans, Workpapers, Testing Documentation, and Findings? policyIQ’s SOX users know how easily this information can be folded into policyIQ–and with the security features introduced with version 6, it can all be kept separate and secure!
- Most Operations teams have some sort of Quality System in place these days. A bunch of organizations are still using Word and shared network folders to manage this documentation. You can use policyIQ as a repository for your Policies, Procedures and Work Instructions as well as a tool for your specifications and certifications. Make your Safety Manuals and Training Manuals more readily accessible by placing the content in policyIQ and providing one-click easy access to it via Read Only Access accounts (did you know that Read Only Access accounts are free.
Please contact us at support@policyIQ.com if you’d like to learn more. We would be happy to build an example in your site for you or we could demonstrate policyIQ for any of these uses.
Did we miss something that you’re doing with policyIQ? Let us know and we’ll add it to the list to share with others.