This month we’ve been spending a lot of time talking about corporate governance and how using policyIQ can support your corporate governance activities. Have you considered taking policyIQ directly to the top of your corporate governance structure – using policyIQ to help your Board of Directors more effectively manage their vital communications and content?
A corporation’s Board of Directors has some unique challenges when it comes to effectively communicating and storing their critical information:
- Board members do not typically have access to your company’s internal network, and therefore cannot access the information stored there.
- Information shared with the Board is some of the most critically confidential information that your company needs to retain, making email an unattractive method of distribution.
- Your Board members are busy individuals with their own daily responsibilities – and therefore, they want information to be easily accessible with little effort required to retrieve it.
- Board members are often scattered geographically and therefore access to information needs to be available 24/7 from around the globe.
Ease of access. Security. Available anywhere at any time. Sound familiar?
policyIQ meets the challenges faced by the Board of Directors by providing a secure, online portal that allows them to access information from around the globe at any time. policyIQ clients have found that extending policyIQ to house the information important to their Board of Directors brings value to the highest levels of their organization – Board members are more informed and can easily share information in a secure environment. Consider using policyIQ to house:
- Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
- Board Meeting Presentations
- Vital Reports distributed to the Board
Using policyIQ means that you can limit access to this information to only the Board members (and Site Administrators). It is possible to track when your Board members viewed the files, and communicate when critical information is added or updated.
If you are interested in extending policyIQ to be a central information hub for your Board of Directors, please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information or assistance!