In our last blog post, we talked about the importance of communicating issues or risks in a project to the entire project team – but that isn’t the only critical communication that project managers need to consider. Management teams want to be kept in the loop on the overall project status – or notified as deliverables are completed and milestones are reached. Project team members need to have access to meeting minutes from every regular status meeting or requirement discussion.
Use policyIQ features such as RSS Feeds or Custom Alerts to automatically communicate these things to the interested parties – without having to add a task to your already busy day!
Here are just a few of the ways you can use RSS Feeds or Custom Alerts in your project management content to save time and energy when communicating critical information.
- RSS Feeds to send out Status Reports to executive or management levelCreate an RSS Feed that your management or executives can add to their email program – and publish all Status Reports to the feed in policyIQ. As soon as the new Status Report is published to the feed, all individuals subscribing to the feed will automatically be notified of the new item.
- RSS Feeds to send out Meeting Minutes to project team membersSimilar to management status reports, Meeting Minutes are a valuable communication tool for your project team. By keeping meeting minutes in policyIQ – and publishing them to an RSS feed that is followed by the entire team – allows all team members to have access to the information as soon as it is available and any time they might need to look back at it.
- Custom Alerts get updates on Risks or IssuesEvery Issue or Risk that is recorded is of critical interest to specific team members or other individuals within the organization. Use the Custom Alerts on each Issue page to set up alerts to notify specific individuals every time a new change is made and published on an Issue. This saves the step of having to email those changes out to everyone each time, because policyIQ will take care of the emails!
- Custom Alerts to notify of new High Severity RisksAs a project manager, you add a Custom Alert to all Risk pages that will alert you when a Risk is changed to “High Severity”. You could choose to get an email -or just a Dashboard alert in policyIQ, where you can check every morning to see if any Risks have been upgraded in severity.
- Custom Alerts to send final DeliverablesAs deliverables are finalized, your management team may want to receive copies of these final versions. Set up Custom Alerts on the Deliverables that will send an email (to include Attachments) when the final version of the deliverable is published.
These are just a few ideas; RSS Feeds and Custom Alerts can be used to communicate virtually anything related to your policyIQ content. Not sure how to set up an RSS Feed or add a Custom Alert? Check out your Help guide online, or contact our support team for assistance!
Do you have any other ideas to share with us in the comments for communicating project information?