For well over a year now, our policyIQ team has been talking about the newly instituted Conflict Minerals regulations, rolled out earlier this year as a part of the Dodd-Frank Act. RGP took a leading role in developing methodology to help companies comply, with thought leaders and experienced practitioners leading the efforts for many organizations – and enlisted the policyIQ team and product to provide a full end-to-end solution.
The functionality added to policyIQ allows RGP to be more efficient in our Conflict Minerals projects – but the benefits extend beyond Conflict Minerals impacted clients. While some features are currently very specific to Conflict Minerals, the overall performance enhancements impact ALL policyIQ clients. Even the more specific features lay the foundation for great things in policyIQ in other areas.
Here’s a look at what we’ve been focused on for the past two months:
For some organizations, this survey process may include tens of thousands of suppliers and hundreds of thousands of part-level responses. The existing functionality of policyIQ worked for this process, but it wasn’t optimized to handle the volume or to automate the complex validation that was required.
Our policyIQ development team and our Conflict Minerals practice leaders met to discuss what was needed – and within weeks, we had enhancements to accommodate this end-to-end process more efficiently and more effectively than any other product on the market.
The enhancements built into policyIQ include:
- Launch electronic surveys to all suppliers, with the capacity to handle well over 10,000 suppliers
- Incorporate within those surveys a variable number of part-level responses.
- Confirm completeness and reasonableness of part-level responses to ensure a complete reply prior to survey submission.
- Automate the validation of responses, setting a part-level and supplier-level status of Conflict-Free, Not Conflict-Free, or Undeterminable (with alerts for those parts and suppliers that require review or manual validation).
- Aggregate part-level responses to a single report output, with the capacity to handle hundreds of thousands of parts.
- Manage communications to suppliers via automated reminders, with HTML formatting and a schedule established by the client.
We’re looking forward to being able to apply this same focus and energy to other areas of policyIQ in the next year. Just wait to see what we have planned for you next!