The latest generation of policyIQ runs faster and smoother than ever! We are grateful and charged by all of the positive feedback we have received from policyIQ’s version 7 users. If your policyIQ experience isn’t meeting your performance expectations, the issue might lay in your browser settings. Remember, policyIQ is cross-browser compatible now.
Below are the steps that you can walk through to optimize the performance of policyIQ in Chrome and Internet Explorer.
Add policyIQ as a trusted site in Chrome
- Open up a Chrome session.
- Click on the 3-line icon in the upper right corner of the browser window and then select “Settings”.
- In the “Settings” browser tab, scroll down to the bottom and click on “Show advanced settings…”
- Still on the “Settings” tab, scroll down until you see the “Privacy” section.
- Within Privacy, click on the “Content Settings” button.
- Scroll down until you see the “Pop-ups” section and then click on “Manage exceptions”.
- Type in [*.]policyiq.com (Note the [*.] might already be populated for you.
- Then click on the “Done” button.
- Click on “Done” again in the “Content Settings” window and then close the “Settings” tab.
Optimize Internet Explorer Settings
Add policyIQ as a trusted site in Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer On the “Tools” menu, click “Internet Options”
- When the Internet Options dialog window appears, click the “Security” tab at the top.
- On the Security tab, click on the “Trusted Sites” icon and then click the “sites” button.
- When the Trusted sites window appears, type “*.policyiq.com” (excluding the double quotes) in the “Add this web site to the zone” field.
- At the bottom of the screen remove the check mark from “Require Server Verification…”
- Then click the “Add” button.
- Click the “Ok” button to close the Trusted sites window Click the “Ok” button to close the Internet Options window.
Next check to make sure that the browser is automatically setup to check for newer version of stored pages.
- Open Internet Explorer
- On the “Tools” menu, click “Internet Options”
- On the “General” tab, click on the “Settings” button within the Browsing history section (Note for IE6, this section will be labeled Temporary Internet files).
- If “Automatically” is not selected, then select this option and click on OK.
Finally, it is also helpful to enable a status bar to indicate if there are any errors in your windows (i.e. a page is not loading properly).
- On the Internet Options window click on the security tab.
- Click on the trusted sites with the check mark to highlight it.
- Near the bottom of the window click on the “Custom Level…” button.
- In the Security Settings window, scroll about half way down and “Disable” the “Allow websites to open windows without address or status bars” and then click on ok on both windows to close them out.
With these settings, we expect policyIQ to run very smoothly and quickly for you. If you encounter any performance issues, please reach out to us so that we can work with you to resolve them.