It’s that time of year again—when we’re seeing a wave of companies hoping to finally manage their Control Self-assessments more efficiently. Yes, we can help you to set up your policyIQ site to automate the process of issuing the questionnaires, simplify the submission of responses and take away the laborious, albeit tedious, activity of having to inventory responses and determine who you’ve heard from, who has not yet responded, and to identify any outliers that require follow-up work.
If you’re ready to dive in and just want a few pointers, we’ve written about this topic a number of times. Feel free to pull from these tips or reach out to us and we’ll schedule a quick working call to walk you through the steps.
If you’re not sure where to begin, but you recognize that it’s time to get off the gerbil wheel, we can help you to start the conversation and put all of the necessary pieces in place. Following are some common project management-like questions that may help to move the policyIQ implementation for Control Self-assessments forward:
- Do you have a project manager in charge of the implementation of policyIQ?
- If yes, great! We can guide your PM through the steps for implementation and have you up and running by next quarter!
- If not, no problem—we have project management expertise and can connect you with a subject matter expert to help you get the job done by next quarter.
- Do you already have policyIQ Site Administrators? We recommend having no less than two so that each has a back-up and that you limit the number of Site Administrators to avoid “too many cooks in the kitchen”.
- We can import content from Excel. On that note…
- What is the condition of your data? Is it up-to-date and accurate or does it require “scrubbing”?
- Do you have a current Risk/Control Matrix?
- Is your data in several decentralized spreadsheets with varying degrees of completeness and consistency…or organized and readily accessible?
- Do you know what questions you want to ask in your Control Self-assessment Questionnaire(s)?
- Related/furthermore – do you plan to ask one set of generic questions of all respondents or do you have several questionnaires with specific questions for each relevant respondent?
- Do you know who needs to answer questions (and which questions they have to answer)?
- Do you have a formal review or approval requirement (or do you wish that you did)? If so, who needs to approve the responses? Does it depend on the business unit, role or location of the Control Owner or do you have a single office responsible for overseeing the responses?
With this information, we can pretty easily get you set up! Contact us at Support@policyIQ.com or 866.753.1231 and we’ll schedule some time to work together through your questions and get started on saving you time (and, therefore, money) asap!